Waterproofing Repair/Resurfacing/Decorative Surfaces – Concrete Swimming Pools Repair.
Waterproofing concrete swimming pools repair – where water penetrates the pool shell or the finished coating such as Tiles, Marblesheen, pebblecrete or other surfaces, where due to variations in finished pool surface quality or poor pool management the development of penetrations in the finish over time can occur eg. faulty mortar lines in a tiled pool.
Presence of ground water from behind the coating from outside the pool shell may cause further delamination of pool finish. This is why any waterproofing and repair material used in a swimming pool shell must be able to withstand the hydrostatic pressure from the swimming pool itself and also the presence of ground water. Repair products must also chemically resistant to the pools chemicals.
When carrying out an repair inspection of the concrete pool surface is critical. Due to raw material variations, less than satisfactory application techniques, marblesheen additives, faulty mortar lines, poor quality tiles, and surface deterioration. Inspect the surface carefully for soundness. Should the surface is crumbly, soft, or drummy in any area, it is suspect and must be removed and repaired using Drizoro Maxrest.
MAXPLUG or MAXREST MAXSEAL FLEX MAXREST PASSIVE
CAUTION: The following preparation details MUST be adhered to for the successful adhesion of MAXSEAL FLEX.
1. Prepare area to be coated by removing any loose materials ensuring a clean and sound surface, free from efflorescence, laitance, organic growth and other contaminants.
2. Apply MAXREST PASSIVE to exposed steel to protect against corrosion.
4. Using a “RIPPER” disk with a 24 grit minimum abrade the total surface to create an open porous base.
Use commercial Hydrochloric or Muriatic Acid to etch the surface thoroughly, a small area at a time.
Immediately scrub the entire surface with a NYLON broom. When the bubbling reaction stops (approximately 5-15 minutes), flush the entire area with fresh water.
NEVER ALLOW THE ACID RESIDUE TO DRY ON THE SURFACE after the surface has been etched correctly, the surface needs to be neutralized with a solution of Bicarbonate and water (1Kg Bicarbonate 10 litres warm water) flush with clean water.
It is important to concentrate on a small, workable, section at a time. This will ensure that no bicarbonate of soda is deposited onto the surface.
5. Thoroughly wet the entire surface before applying the first coat of MAXSEAL FLEX. The MAXSEAL FLEX is a flexible cement-based waterproof coating that will not only prevent moisture from escaping the pool but will also prevent ground water from entering the pool.
6. Leave over night between coats.
7. Dampen surface before applying second coat.
8. When rendering over MAXSEAL FLEX a slurry coat of neat Bondcrete mixed with cement should be “flick” applied to the surface to assist with adhesion.
9. Allow 5-7 days to cure before finishing the surface. Waterproofing Concrete Swimming Pools Repair
Note – DRIZORO products are suitable for use with many popular pool-finishing products including tiles, pebblecretes and decorative renders.
Contact us now if you require further information.