SealTuff PU WPU12 – Under Tile
WATER BASED, FIBRE ENHANCED POLYURETHANE SealTuff PU – Under Tile MEMBRANE
SealTuff PU – Under Tile – Advantages
- Elastomeric and flexible with good tensile strength properties
- Once cured will not re-emulsify, handles permanently wet conditions
- Outstanding low water vapour transmission properties
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Excellent adhesion to surfaces
- Compatible bonding properties for tile adhesives, screeds and renders
- Solvent free, non hazardous, VOC level <93ppm
- Surfaces must be clean, dry, suitably prepared and in a sound state prior to beginning the application.
- Substrates are recommended to be primed before applying the membrane. There are a range of primers suitable for a variety of substrates and applications, please refer to primer list.
- As a wet area membrane WPU-12 requires a suitable bond breaker at all substrate junctions. The
- Bondbreaker Detailing Tape is recommended to be used or equivalent bond breaking methods compliant with local waterproofing standards and building recommendations
- WPU-12 membrane should be lightly stirred before using, and can be applied to both vertical or horizontal surfaces using a roller or brush
- A minimum of 2 coats is recommended to be applied. For optimum performance a total minimum coverage of 1.5litres/m2 is recommended. No less than 1 litre/m2 coverage is recommended for horizontal applications.
- WPU-12 is not designed for use as a long term exposed membrane
- Drying times are: – Recoat: 2-4 hours
– Dry film: 8-12 hours
– Tiling/toppings: 24 hours
Based on normal ambient conditions of 23 oC
- Polymer modified cement based tile adhesives are recommended for direct adhesion to the membrane
- Acrylic or SBR bonding agents are recommended for applications of screeds and renders directly over the membrane
- Best storage conditions is in a dry area at room temperature, avoiding humidity and frost
- Product while in a wet state will clean up with water. Once dried, product will need to be removed by mechanical means or with solvent cleaners.
We offer a variety of packaging options from small cans and pails up to large drum sizes.
Email our team to discuss your packaging requirements..
Standard 15 Lit Pail
General Technical data
- Specific gravity of mixed product: 1.25kg/litre
- Solids content: >72%
- VOC: <93ppm
- Appearance: High viscous; colour options available
SealTuff PU – Under Tile Cured membrane
- Elongation:- >380%
- Tensile Strength:- >1.2MPa
- Adhesion to concrete (primed):- >1.8MPa
- Water vapour transmission:- 0.4g/24h/m2
- Shore A hardness:- 65
This Product Data Sheet (PDS) summarises our best knowledge of the product, including how to use and apply the product based on the information available at the time. You should read this PDS carefully and consider the information in the context of how the product will be used, including in conjunction with any other product and the type of surfaces to, and the manner in which, the product will be applied. Our responsibility for products sold is subject to our standard terms and conditions of sale. CMA does not accept any liability either directly or indirectly for any losses suffered in connection with the use or application of the product whether or not in accordance with any advice, specification, recommendation or information given by it.