Deprecated: woocommerce_get_template_part is deprecated since version 3.0! Use wc_get_template_part instead. in /home/eanmans/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4713
Maxseal Flex Express
MAXSEAL® FLEX EXPRESS is a two-component flexible waterproofing mortar, based on liquid acrylic resins (Component A) and special cements, additives and well-graded aggregates (Component B), with very fast curing which allow the tiling with ceramic after 2 hours drying-time saving YOUR TIME
35Kg Kit Grey
Maxseal® Flex Express
FLEXIBLE MORTAR FOR VERY FAST WATERPROOFING Applications
MAXSEAL® FLEX EXPRESS is a two-component flexible waterproofing mortar, based on liquid acrylic resins (Component A) and special cements, additives and well-graded aggregates (Component B),
With its very fast setting-time makes it the ideal product for waterproofing with sudden rainfalls, short-time curing for flooding tests, splash zone areas or tiling with ceramic after 2 hours drying time.
Use Maxseal® Flex Express for
- Waterproofing in hydraulic works, swimming-pools, water tanks, fountains and other water retaining structures.
- For waterproofing between tidal movements or rain.
As well as roofs, terraces, balconies, planters, green roofs and other outdoor areas. Reduced risk of damage to the membrane when sudden rainfalls occur.
- Under balconies where painters want to complete the painting in the same day
- Any wet areas where fast curing is beneficial. Indoor areas in bathrooms, changing rooms, kitchens, etc.
It’s OFTEN BENEFICIAL to be able to open areas quickly for tiling operations. This means the opening of areas to traffic will occur sooner. Combined with MAXKOLA® M EXPRESS.
- Negative waterproofing of tunnels, galleries, basements, elevator pits, underground parking and other structures subject to hydrostatic or negative pressure.
- Rapid waterproofing and protection of surfaces exposed to aggressive water, marine water, and soil salts in marine structures, bridges, foundations, retaining walls, wastewater treatment plants, underground structures, pipelines, etc.
Advantages of Drizoro Maxseal Flex Express
- Minimum waiting time between coats is 30-60 minutes Meaning you can get your waterproofing done on the same day.
- NO MORE TRIPS BACK TO SITE – SAVES LABOUR AND TRAVEL COSTS
- Short curing time allows the membrane to be covered after 2 hours of drying time. Apply ceramic tiles, cement mortars, screeds, etc. and finish today
- Provides a flexible waterproofing coat with crack-bridging capability.
- Permeable to water vapour allows the substrate to breathe.
- Applied on wet substrates. No waiting for the surface to fully dry.
- Excellent adhesion on concrete, brick, tiles, stone, cement mortar, prefabricated block, etc.
- Resistant to abrasion and UV rays.
- No primer or bonding agent required.
- Easy manual application: brush or broom.
- Environmental friendly, solvent-free and suitable for working areas with bad ventilation
- Withstands and protect concrete against freeze/thaw cycles, atmospheric pollution, marine environment, corrosive effects of seawater, sewage water and de-icing salts.
- Allows water vapour diffusion, very good water vapour permeability.
- Withstands the root penetration, when properly reinforced with fibreglass mesh.
Please note Video shows Maxseal Flex, not Maxseal Express. The application of Maxseal Express is the same.
The substrate must be structurally sound, firm, without cement laitance and as uniform as possible, and preferably with a slight roughness, i.e. open textured surface. The surface must be clean and free of efflorescence, loose particles, grease, oils, curing agents, form release agents, dust, organic growth or any other contaminants that may affect to adhesion. For cleaning and substrate preparation, preferably in case of smooth and/or poorly absorbent substrates, use sandblasting or high-pressure water cleaning methods, not being desirable aggressive mechanical means.
Any damage or concrete defect, i.e. honeycombs, voids, and non-active cracks, once opened and routed to a minimum depth of 2 cm in depth, must be repaired with a suitable structural repair mortar such as Maxrest (Technical Bulletin No. 4), or Drizoro Maxplug (Technical Bulletin No. 4) in case water is present. Exposed steel bars or other metal elements must be cleaned and passivated with Maxrest®Passive (Technical Bulletin No. 12), while non-structural and surface iron elements must be cut to a depth of at least 2 cm and then covered with Maxrest.
To reduce damages caused by salt crystallization from the substrate, apply Efflorescence RID and SEALTIGHT. See specification
Once the substrate is prepared, but prior to Maxseal® Flex EXPRESS application, saturate the entire surface to be coated with plenty of water. Avoid the formation of puddles. Allow excess water to drain away. Then start the application once the surface acquires a matte appearance. If it gets too dry, proceed to saturate it with water again.
MAXSEAL® FLEX EXPRESS is supplied as two pre-weighed components. Pour 3/4 parts of the liquid resin, Component A, into a clean container and add the powder gradually, Component B, while mixing with a low speed mixing drill (400- 600 rpm).
Mix for 2 to 3 minutes until a homogeneous lump-free mixture is achieved. Pour all the remaining liquid resin and mix until all lumps are eliminated. Do not add water and keep the liquid/powder ratio as per the packaging supplied
Depending on the existing temperature and R.H. climate conditions. Pot life expected will be about 30 minutes. In order to keep the workability of the fresh mixture, mix it briefly again from time to time but never add more resin or water.
For the best coverage and thickness control, Maxseal® Flex EXPRESS is applied with a fibre type brush Maxbrush or fibre broom Maxbroom. Apply two coats in a perpendicular direction with a recommended consumption from 1,0 to 1,5 kg/m² per coat, for a total consumption from 2,0 to 3,0 kg/m². Once spread the coating, do not overwork it with the brush or broom.
Provide a continuous fresh coating with a uniform thickness of 1,0 – 1,5 mm approximately, being important to avoid extending it very thin like paint or with higher consumption than recommended.
Minimum waiting time between coats is at least 30-60 minutes and at most 24 hours. If a smooth surface is desired, the second coat can be pressed slightly with a metal trowel immediately after its application and while it is still fresh,
Critical points subject to movements such as cracks, cold joints, corners and other outstanding points, once repaired and sealed, are waterproofed by applying a first coat of Maxseal® Flex EXPRESS with consumption of 1,5 kg/m² and reinforced with the fibreglass mesh Drizoro Maxmesh placing a strip width of not less than 20 cm width on to fresh coat. Finally, the second coat of Maxseal® Flex EXPRESS is applied with consumption of 1,0-1.5 kg/m².
The working temperature range is from 5°C to 40°C.
Wintertime – do not apply
- when the temperature is below 5°C or expected in the first 24 hours of curing
- Never apply on frozen or icy surfaces. Optimal working temperature is between 15 to 28°C.
- on frozen or flooded surfaces.
Application is to be avoided when rainfall is expected. Especially within the first 24 hours of the application.
Applications at hot temperatures (> 30 ºC) with direct sunlight and/or with windy conditions, ensure the surface is saturated plenty of water prior to application.
Place the final finish, ceramic tiles, mortars or soil/gravels only 2 hours after application of Maxseal Flex Express. Curing-time before flooding tests or permanent water contact is 72 hours at 20°C. Applications made at lower temperatures or sites without ventilation will require longer curing time. Before putting MAXSEAL® FLEX EXPRESS into permanent water immersion, wash surface plenty with a water hose.
Clean all tools with water after use. Once it dries, it can only be removed by mechanical methods.
CONSUMPTION: For extreme situations Requiring full 4 bar positive and 1.5 bar Negative waterproofing
Apply two coats, using 1 – 1,5 kg/m² of MAXSEAL FLEX EXPRESS per coat
Prior to application thoroughly wash down and saturate the surface, but do not leave free-standing water.
Thickness per layer should be 1 mm. approximately, it is very important to avoid very thin or, thick application. WET surface again prior to application of second coat.
All other waterproofing application, both positive/negative. Coverage is 20 m² per Kit (35 Kg) (2 coats) recommended
In those areas such as fissures, concrete joints and active cracks should be sealed using Maxjoint Elastic. Once repaired then sealed by Embeding a fibreglass mesh of 40-60 g/m² into the MAXSEAL® FLEX EXPRESS coating over the top.
Estimated consumption for MAXSEAL® FLEX EXPRESS is about 1,0-1,5 kg/m² per coat, for a total consumption of 2,0-3,0 kg/m² in two coats.
In case of reinforcing with glass fibre mesh Drizoro Maxmesh total consumption for two coats is about 3,0 kg/m².
These figures are for guidance only, and may vary depending on porosity, texture, substrate conditions and application method. Perform a preliminary test on-site to ascertain the total consumption exactly under job site conditions.
* This figure is for guidance only and may vary depending on porosity, texture and conditions for substrate, and application method.
Perform a preliminary test on-site to ascertain the total consumption exactly under job site conditions.
MAXSEAL® FLEX EXPRESS – two-component pre-weighed set of 7 kg and 35 kg respectively. Available in grey colour.
24 months in its unopened and undamaged original sealed packaging. Store in a cool, dry and covered place, protected from moisture, freezing and direct sunlight, with temperatures above 5°C.
DO NOT APPLY USING ROLLERS
The mixing ratio of 2.5 Kg powder to 1 litre Liquid, do not add water, cement, admixtures, sand or any other compound.
In case of doubt related to the kind of Liquid or other products likely to be in contact with MAXSEAL FLEX EXPRESS, NOT specified in this TDB Consult our Technical Department
- Keep mixing ratio powder/ resin as supplied.
- Do not add more resin quantity. Do not add water or other compounds to the mix.
- Observe minimum and maximum consumption recommended.
- To keep workability of the fresh mix, remix again briefly the mixture but never add more water or resin.
- Do not apply on water-repellent substrates, bituminous materials, paints or resin coating.
For additional information or other uses not specified on this Technical Bulletin, consult our Technical Department.
SAFETY AND HEALTH
Both components MAXSEAL® FLEX EXPRESS are non-toxic, but the powder component is an abrasive compound. Avoid eye and skin contact for both components. Wear protective rubber gloves and safety goggles during application. In case of eye contact, rinse thoroughly with clean water but do not rub. In case of skin contact, wash affected areas with SAFETY AND HEALTH
Both components MAXSEAL® FLEX EXPRESS are non-toxic, but the powder component is an abrasive compound.
Avoid eye and skin contact for both components.
Wear protective rubber gloves and safety goggles during application. In case of eye contact, rinse thoroughly with clean water but do not rub. In case of skin contact, wash affected areas with
Advantages of using Drizoro Maxseal Flex Express Technical Data Characteristics
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.