Waterproofing of existing expansion joint subject to hydrostatic pressure
Products required for sealing a expansion joint subject to hydrostatic pressure are:
Method to seal expansion joint subject to hydrostatic pressure
- Prepare area to be treated by removing any loose materials ensuring a clean and sound surface.
- Optional: – Where water is seeping through the slap once cracks have been opened apply one coat of MAXSEAL FOUNDATION into the crack & 50 – 100 mm on each side and leave overnite (this based on the experience that the MAXSEAL FOUNDATION tends to seal the seeping in some areas)
- Remove existing expansion joint sealing material to accommodate MAXPLUG and apply against positive pressure inside joint until water is halted as per technical data bulletin. Diagram shows reverse / uncut best for locking in MAXPLUG .
- Leave approximately 50% of joint width in depth to accommodate MAXJOINT ELASTIC
- Apply MAXJOINT ELASTIC into the remaining void to the surface, as per technical data bulletin #156.00.
Reference Basement Waterproofing >>>